Position: Junior Sound Designer
Starting Date: Immediately
Salary: Market related
VoiceMap is a Cape Town-based startup that combines storytelling and technology to produce remarkable, immersive audio tours. Our platform brings together an online publishing tool and easy to use mobile apps, establishing a marketplace for this new, fast-growing medium. While the most obvious application for VoiceMap is walking tours, we also publish fictional audio dramas that unfold over the course of a short walk and site-specific soundscapes. We like to experiment.
We are now looking for a junior dialogue editor and sound designer to join our content team in Woodstock. You’ll spend most of your time editing recordings submitted by journalists, broadcasters, filmmakers, travel writers and tour guides from all over the world. Most are working with audio for the first time, using whatever mic or mobile device is most convenient. You will also be responsible improving existing audio with sound design, most importantly, signing off on final audio.
This is an opportunity to explore the frontiers of new media and grow with a fast-moving, world-class South African startup.
- Experience in sound recording and audio post-production processes
- Excellent listening skills and a passion for quality
- Sound design experience
- Advanced noise reduction skills (like iZotope RX4, RX5)
- Strong grasp of audio formats and standards
- The ability to stick to deadlines
- Your own industry-standard DAW software (like Protools, Logic Pro, Cubase, etc), and a good working knowledge thereof
- Experience writing for spoken word
- The ability to pick up new software quickly and independently
- A work history that demonstrates the ability to take initiative
- An online portfolio and a social media presence
- A preference for small, extremely dedicated teams
Applicants should send a CV, portfolio, and brief covering letter to Lauren Edwards, at [email protected]. We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted.